2016 Hyundai Supersearch Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada only
Please read these official contest rules (the “Rules”) in their entirety before entering this contest (the “Contest”). Do not enter the Contest unless you agree to these Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Rules which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, and excludes all employees (current and retired) of Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. (the “Sponsor”), its advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, Hyundai dealers, and the parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and agents of the aforementioned parties, and a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, common law partner or spouse.
- CONTEST TIMING AND HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
The contest is open between February 13, 2016 at 12:01am (ET) and April 4, 2016 at 11:59pm (PT) (the “Contest Period”). To register, you must visit the website(s) located at one of the following URLs (the “Site”) and complete the initial registration form located on the Site by entering all mandatory fields as indicated on the form, including your name and e-mail address:
hyundaisupersearch.com, hyundaisupersearch.ca, superrecherchehyundai.ca, superrecherchehyundai.ca/qc.
A Weekly Supersearch Clue will be released on the Site according to the following schedule:
- Week One – Clue Released February 18th, 2016
- Week Two – Clue Released February 23rd 2016
- Week Three – Clue Released March 1st, 2016
- Week Four – Clue Released March 8th, 2016
- Week Five Grand Prize – Clue Released March 15th, 2016
Eligibility For Weekly Prize (excluding the Week Five Grand Prize)
To be eligible for the draw for each Weekly Prize (i.e. excluding the Week Five Grand Prize), you must submit the correct answer for each respective Weekly Supersearch Clue on the Site. Each Weekly Prize is exclusive of each other; you do not have to submit an answer for all Weekly Supersearch Clues to be eligible to win any given Weekly Prize. You do not have to submit an answer for a Weekly Supersearch Clue during the week that Weekly Supersearch Clue is released to be eligible to win that Weekly Prize.
Eligibility For Week Five Grand Prize
To be eligible for the draw for the Week Five Grand Prize, you must submit the correct answer for the Week Five Grand Prize Supersearch Clue on the Site. Upon successfully submitting the correct answer to the Week Five Grand Prize Supersearch Clue, you will receive an email that will provide you with a unique PIN code and direct you to the nearest participating Hyundai dealership. You must visit the participating Hyundai dealership during that dealership’s applicable business hours and take a test drive of any Hyundai vehicle. After completing your test drive, you must provide your PIN to an employee of that participating dealership and the employee will enter your PIN into the Dealer Portal system.
An Eligible Entrant is entitled to a maximum of one (1) entry per each Weekly Prize draw (four (4) entries total) and one (1) entry for the Grand Prize. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
- CONTEST CLOSE DATE: To be eligible, entries must be received on or before 11:59 PM (PT) on April 4th, 2016 (the “Contest Close Date”). In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address in question. An authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The determination of the authorized account holder shall be made at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- WEEKLY AND GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS: There are five (5) total prizes (collectively referred to as the “Prizes”) consisting of:
- Week 1 Prize: $2,500
- Week 2 Prize: $2,500
- Week 3 Prize: $2,500
- Week 4 Prize: $2,500
- Week 5 Grand Prize: $20,000 (also referred to as the “Grand Prize”)
All funds are in Canadian dollars. Each Prize is in the form of a cheque issued by Hyundai Auto Canada Corp.
- RANDOM DRAW: Four Weekly Prizes (one for each of Weeks 1 to 4) and one Grand Prize winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning the draws depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The draw will be held by the independent contest organization, Zone Marketing Group Ltd., and shall take place at its head office, at 16 Mary Street, Unit 4, Aurora, ON at approximately 2:00 PM (ET) on April 7th, 2016.
- DELIVERY OF THE WEEKLY AND GRAND PRIZES: The Sponsor or the independent contest organization shall have a maximum of fourteen (14) days following the draw to attempt to contact the eligible Weekly and Grand Prize winners. The first such contact will be attempted by telephone or e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw and, if unsuccessful, three (3) further attempts to contact the eligible winners will be made by telephone and/or e-mail, at the discretion of the Sponsor. Once contacted, the eligible Weekly or Grand Prize Winners have a further fourteen (14) days to claim their respective Prize, as described in paragraph 8 below. If an eligible Prize winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the draw, or if contacted, does not claim his or her Weekly Prize or Grand Prize, as the case may be, within fourteen (14) days of being contacted, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternative eligible winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. If the alternative eligible winner cannot be contacted, or if contacted, does not claim the Weekly or Grand Prize, as the case may be, or does not meet all the contest conditions, he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize, and a second alternative eligible winner will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries. If the second alternative eligible winner cannot be contacted, or if contacted, does not claim the Weekly or Grand Prize, as the case may be, or does not meet all the contest conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize, and that prize will be forfeited and not awarded.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION: The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with another prize of equivalent value without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: labour disruptions, shortages, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events, or any other reasons.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: To win, the eligible winner must first have complied with the Rules and correctly answered, unaided, a time limited skill testing question to be administered by e-mail or telephone by the independent contest organization at a prearranged mutually convenient time. The eligible winner will then be instructed on how to claim the Weekly or Grand Prize, as the case will be, which will consist of the following: (a) signing a standard release form (the “Release”) confirming compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Rules; (b) acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releasing the Sponsor, its directors, officers, partners, employees and Hyundai dealers, from any and all liability; and (d) complying with any other reasonable requests for information by the Sponsor, the independent contest organization, any applicable Hyundai dealer or their respective employees, subcontractors and/or representatives; and (e) participating in any promotional activities related to the Contest or the Prizes, as reasonably requested by Sponsor. This includes, but is not limited to, a Winner Ceremony at a designated Hyundai dealership or the Winner’s preferred dealership, at the sole discretion of Hyundai. As stated in paragraph 6, the eligible winner has fourteen (14) days after he or she is contacted by the Sponsor or the independent contest organization to claim the Prize, otherwise the Prize will be forfeited. The decision of the Sponsor is final. Entries are subject to verification and the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person if he/she enters this Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where Contest entries are generated by any unauthorized mechanical or automated means. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified or altered are void. In the event that an eligible winner is disqualified for any reason, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner by random draw from among all remaining eligible Contest entries. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of law and may be subject to remedies and damages, including criminal prosecution. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws of Canada. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or independent contest organization, consents to the use of his or her name, address (city and province), photograph, image and/or voice without payment or compensation, in connection with any publicity or advertising in any medium carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest. The Eligible Entrant agrees and acknowledges that, without limitation of the foregoing, the Sponsor shall have the right to post any content (in whole or in part) from any Entry at any time on any Hyundai website or social media site and/or outlet. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering the Contest, each entrant assigns all intellectual property rights, including copyright, and waives all moral rights, in favour of the Sponsor and agrees that any other documentation required for such assignment shall be executed by the Sponsor and the Eligible Entrant in writing upon request at any time by the Sponsor.
- MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to applicable law and with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the province of Quebec, to cancel, terminate, modify or amend the Rules or the administration of this Contest, or to suspend this Contest in whole or in part, at any time and in any way, without prior notice with no obligation or liability. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the Contest or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner by random draw from among all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- LIABILITY: The Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, insurers and assigns shall not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest or the prize awarded, including but not limited to: (i) lost, stolen, not received, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or late entries, and all such entries will be void and not eligible; (ii) failure to receive entries for any reason or technical failures or errors of any kind, including but not limited to incorrect or inaccurate capture or loss of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, any other online communication problems, or any combination thereof; (iii) seeding or printing or typographical errors in any Contest related material or human error; or (iv) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer system(s) due to viruses or breaches of privacy from interference by third party computers. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. If it is determined that an entrant has entered the Contest in a fashion not sanctioned by these Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and his or her entry will be disqualified. A prize winner’s refusal or inability to accept the Prize shall release the Sponsor from all obligations to that person. In no event shall the Sponsor be held to award more prizes than what is mentioned in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
- OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: These are the official Contest Rules. Copies of the Contest Rules are available by writing to Zone Marketing Group Ltd., 16 Mary Street, Unit 4, Aurora, ON L4G 1G2, or online at www.HyundaiSupersearch.ca.